Mariner Family Happenings....

Mariner Family Happenings....

Friday, September 5, 2008

Nate' 1st Soccer Practice!

I wish I was better at taking pictures...and taking pictures in the dark but this is the best one I could get of Nate & his first day of soccer practice. We are on the same team as Andrew & Keaton Jensen, Kayden Christensen & Jared Ruff. Rich & Laurel Ruff are the coaches...whom we have known for 7 years now so we are really looking forward to this season. We put Nate in soccoer when he was 5...and as you can guess he hated it and they didn't even play any games...it was just soccer skills! Rich did a great job and Nate actually said he had fun which just about blew our socks off. For Nate...that is huge so we are hoping that soccer might be a keeper since baseball didn't go too well! LOL!

I wasn't sure what to do with those soccer socks! They are so long that Nate could pull them all the way up to his upper thigh! When we got there I realized they are supposed to go over the shin guards...yeah...I never played soccer so I am a bit clueless! It was all we could do to convince Nate to wear the shin gaurds...he was convinced that he did not need them. Hopefully he will see the value in wearing them as the season goes on.. :-)

1 comment:

Amy M. said...

I did the exact same thing with Sam's soccer socks the first time. :)

I miss you!