The funeral left me recharged to be a better person myself. I appreciate "some" (I haven't learned to appreciate all of them yet!) of life's lessons that we learn through trials and sadness...the lessons we learn that hopefully make us better people. So...all in all my 36 hr trip to MN was as good as it possibly could have been.
All of my Aunts & Uncles, cousins & my Grandpa on my mom's side.
My cousin Stephanie...we are only a year apart so we had a lot of memories playing "dress up" over at my grandparents house.
I couldn't resist putting this one in here. My Uncle Doug....really was "pimped" out for the funeral. We got such a kick out of his shoes. We think they were shoes that he wore for his best friends wedding in the 1970's...probably before I was even born! He was lovin it!
This is my Grandpa on my dad's side. After the funeral on Sunday we went straight over to hospice where my other grandma is staying. There were enough of us in there that the only seat left was the portable "potty chair" which my Grandpa willingly sat on...and actually said was pretty comfortable! I have a hard time even sitting on the regular chairs thinking of all the nasty germs on there...I don't think I would have dared to sit on this one. I think I may have rather opted for the floor! Isn't he the cutest Grandpa though? :-)
We are awaiting any day the passing of my Grandma on my dad's side. Anytime my phone's ring I am thinking this is going to be it... I am surprised she has not passed by now but my grandma is a fighter & does not like to be left out of anything so I'm sure with all the family surrounding her it is hard to let go. She has had bone cancer for the past 3 years and has been through so much. It is so hard to see someone deteriorate like that. She can't talk and can barely even open one eye. I wish people didn't have to suffer like this. What's almost worse is watching my Grandpa & how sad he is. Really makes me grateful for the knowledge of the gospel & eternal families. Without it, death would seem unbareable. So...I hate to leave on such a somber note but i can barely keep my eyes open & I fear I might write something wierd and publish the post on accident! So...for now it looks like another quick trip to MN is in the works...

2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma...I'm glad you were able to go to the funeral even if it was a crazy fast trip! Looks like you got to see lots of family and see your other grandma for the last time also. I don't want to get old!!
Grandpa Melvin is so cute!! It made me so sad to see how sad he was about Grandma Vonnie.
Post a Comment