Mariner Family Happenings....

Mariner Family Happenings....

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Visiting Grandparents



the day after we got up to MN we went to visit my mom's mom who has alzheimers and is in a nursing home. it was very sad because she slept the whole time and we couldn't get her to wake up! Tyson kept putting his face up to her face and saying "Grandma...wake up!" After a little bit of staying there he drew a picture and we left. I hope she is awake the next time we go see her. After squeezing in a bit of shopping....(hey you can't expect me to come up here and not benefit from no tax on the clothes! LOL!) we went to visit my other grandparents. My Grandma has cancer and has to be on oxygen at all times so she did not want me to take a picture of her but this picture is of the kids and my grandpa who is still very healthy and doing well. It was kind of a sad day...it made me not want to get old. Visions of my kids and grandkids coming to visit me when I am old were dancing through my head. I wonder why the aging process has to be so painful!

1 comment:

Ben and Sara said...

I'm so jealous you got to see Grandma and Grandpa. That is a really cute picture with your boys and Grandpa. Looks like you guys had a fun trip. I wish we could have come and spent some time on the boat!! How fun!!!
--Sara